Starting a healthier lifestyle could be a difficult task. Eating healthier and meeting macros can be easier said than done. For me, meeting my protein goal has always been a challenge. Incorporating high-protein coffee has been a great choice to boost my protein intake while enjoying my morning brew. Here are some ideas on how to incorporate high-protein elements into your coffee:
- Protein Powder: Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to your coffee. Plant-based protein powders can dissolve well in your hot coffee where some Whey or collagen powders may clump up if not dissolved correctly. To avoid clumping try dissolving your protein or collagen powders by frothing it with your almond or oat milk before adding it to your hot coffee. Choose flavors that compliment coffee like chocolate or vanilla.
- Greek Yogurt or Cottage Cheese: If you prefer more of a creamier coffee add a spoonful of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese to your coffee and mix it well. It will add some creaminess and a protein punch without altering the flavors significantly. If you want more of a smoothie add some fruit to the mix.
- Milk Alternatives: Use high-protein milk alternatives like soy milk, oat milk, coconut milk, or almond milk in your coffee. Some of these varieties have a little extra protein than regular milk.
- Egg White Coffee: I know it sounds crazy and unusual, but adding frothed egg whites to your coffee can provide the protein boost you are looking for. Ensure the egg whites are pasteurized and thoroughly mixed to avoid any risks. Egg whites are naturally tasteless so if you froth or mix them into your coffee correctly you get the protein boot and keep all the amazing coffee flavor!
Here is one of my favorite and easy protein coffee:
Vanilla splashed protein coffee
This is one of my favorite and most commonly used recipe. It is easy, tasty and perfect for on the go. I prefer the vanilla flavor but the chocolate is just as good.
- Brew and pour your favorite coffee, you can use hot or cold coffee.
- Add your protein. The macros for your coffee will depend on how much Core Power protein milkshake you add. I use a big girl cup and use about 1/4 of the shake to get a minimum of 11grams of protein.
- If you want a little more flavor add some dairy free almond whip cream.
Macros: Calories: 68 Total fat: 1.5g Carbs: 3g Protein: 11g
I hope you try and enjoy! Please let us know if you try any of the ideas above and your thoughts. Also please feel free to share your favorite protein coffee or just your favorite coffee recipes!
Don't forget to follow us on our social media for more fun content :)